Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Doctors

Our insurance changed when Court switched jobs last year. Lucky for me I haven't needed to go to a doctor until recently, and unfortunately our primary care physician isn't covered by our new insurance. So I was in search of a new one. I got a couple of referrals and started making phone calls. What a joke. The places I called don't have openings for new patients for a couple of months. I am need one now not in a couple of months. Am I suppose to schedule when I get sick?

Apparently, only current patients can get in within a weeks time. However, I was informed that I could schedule an appointment that would be out a couple of months (at which point I will be feeling fine) but at least I could then be placed on the patient list for future needs. Sure I guess I could use the time to get a physical but that is why I have an obgyn. Court was teasing me that I should just schedule the appt walk in, introduce myself and tell the doctor I am not sick but just needed to get on her patient list and leave. That would be the shortest doctor visit in the world, but not worth the money. I HATE changing doctors. In the meantime, I am stuck trying to find anyone with a license to get rid of this sinus infection.

1 comment:

Kim C. said...

You should check with Kim Winegar to see if she takes your insurance...I know Sharon just switched to her and I'm thinking about it for the next time I need a family practice doc! If only my OB could do it all...